Having had her big day at the end of August, I asked my stunning bride, Paulina, if she'd like to share any top tips for all you future brides out there. Here they are...
1. Have an early night the day before your wedding. It is a really long day, starting early in the morning until late the next night. For me, it started at 6am! I woke up before my alarm went off and just couldn't get back to sleep again!
2. Spend the evening before your wedding with the people important to you, who will put you at ease. I stayed in the hotel where we got married the night before with my mother, mother-in-law and sister-in-law. It also gave me that amazing feeling that the next day I'd be part of their family, and the realisation that this is really happening!
3. Have a big breakfast. Even if you don't feel like eating- you have to, to keep you going! There is usually a gap between the ceremony and wedding breakfast, and you don't want to risk eating canapés when wearing a white dress!
4. Make sure you have the right amount of people getting ready with you. I found my amount just right- 4 people. I reckon any more would have been too overwhelming for me and too loud. However that's probably down to individual choice.
5. Have all your bridal stuff out & ready to put on, so you're not looking for accessories, etc. Everything is on hand.
6. Treat yourself to some special perfume. I bought myself new perfume I'd never had before, but always wanted. I know now that it will remind me of our big day whenever I wear it!
7. Have an alcoholic drink in the morning, but don't go overboard! Bucks fizz was mine- I think I had 2 glasses and it was just the right amount to help calm my nerves.
8. BUT! Make sure you hydrate yourself too, before you put your dress on. Once it's on, you'll need help whenever you need a trip to the toilet!
9. Enjoy every minute of your day! The wedding day absolutely flies; I wish I could go back to that day and do it all over again!
10. It's important to plan things before the wedding (wedding photographer, florist, make up artist, etc.) however, when the ceremony is over, just chill out and enjoy yourself as a Mrs!